Want to Slim Down? These 6 Delish Post-Workout Meals Will Help
Just like the right training plan, a good post-workout meal is also essential. If you reward yourself with a pizza after each workout, you'll never lose those unwanted kilos or pounds. It is crucial to refresh your body after exercise to refill energy stores and rebuild muscular tissue. Carbohydrates and proteins are required by the body, and experts recommend that you take them immediately after working out and while your blood is most circulated.
Those aiming to shed weight or stay in shape must eat within 45 minutes of their exercise. Consider these picks for the best post-workout meals to get the most out of your workout:
- QUINOA SALAD: A mixed quinoa salad makes a fantastic post-workout snack. If you prepare a little extra, you can have it for lunch the next day. Quinoa is a plant-based protein source that is classified as a "pseudo-cereal." Quinoa offers around 15 g of protein per 100 g. Mix up some beans and chickpeas for extra protein.
- BANANAS WITH PEANUT BUTTER: After your workout, consider eating a banana with one or two spoonfuls of peanut butter. However, be sure to buy pure peanut butter that is free of additives such as sugar or palm fat. Bananas are high in carbs, potassium, and magnesium. These are essential for recouping from your workout. Peanut butter is high in important nutrients and lipids.
- HUMMUS & PITA BREAD: Hummus is a protein-rich dip made with cooked and mashed chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. This protein-rich snack will keep you satisfied for much longer. For a full post-workout meal, pair it with a whole-wheat pita.
- EGG-WHITE OMELET WITH SPINACH: The egg is not commonly found on super food lists, but it is a super food par excellence. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods in the world, containing trace levels of every vitamin required by the body. Spinach, one of the most alkaline meals, contains iron and a type of plant steroid that promotes muscle building. When two egg whites and spinach are combined, they form a healthy omelet.
- YOGURT & CEREAL: When it comes to nutritional value, yogurt ranks high. Approximately 150 gms of yogurt will offer you almost 20% of your daily vitamin D intake as well as 20% of your daily calcium value. Yogurt, in addition to being a wonderful source of protein and carbohydrates, is also high in leucine, an amino acid that promotes muscle building after exercise. Carbohydrates replenish your muscles' depleted energy supplies after an exercise. To add crunch, combine your yogurt with a little cereal. Choose one that is heavy in protein and fiber.
- FRUIT SMOOTHIE: The smoothie is the most basic type of post-workout snack. The fact that it is so adaptable makes it an excellent post-workout meal. Fruit smoothies may be made using a variety of ingredients, including yogurt, milk, mango, banana, strawberries, apples, papaya, dried fruits, and seeds. In addition, liquid meals are readily digested and swiftly absorbed by the body.
Apart from trying these best post-workout meals, you can choose other ways of losing weight effectively. For strengthening your weight loss efforts, you can take Acetyl L-carnitine by Now Foods or L-arginine by Now Foods. Both these products will help you reduce excessive fat, boost energy levels, and support brain and nerve cell functions.